Online Storage Application
One of the most popular web based applications available today
is the online storage application. An online storage application allows to store date on a remote server. The data stored
can be viewed and managed from any web browser. We will try to develop a similar application, though not that sophisticated, but good enough to give
a good illustration of PHP`s file functions. Let us look at the requirements and design considerations for such an application:
- Users should be able to use the application from any web browser supporting HTML 4.0 or later.
- New users should be able to register by themselves.
- The application should be secure. That is some basic authentication mechanism will be built into the application, so as to prevent unauthorized persons from accesing the application on a user`s behalf.
- Users should be able to create folders.
- Users should be able to delete folders.
- Users should be able to travers folders.
- Users should be able to upload new files.
- Users should be able to vies files.
- The application should try to use PHP file functions wherever possible.
- The application will not deal with concurrency issures.